Natural Selection Brewing is a collaborative project between ourselves, four MSc students – Phillip, Luis, Patrick and Mark– at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, the International Centre for Brewing and Distilling, and renowned Edinburgh brewers Stewart Brewing.
The beer style changes each year. To date there has been:
- Finch – a Robust Red Ale
- Anorak – a Summer Wheat beer
- Origin – New World Saison
- Mutiny On the Beagle – an all-British IPA
- Bitter Descent – Extra Special Bitter
- The Volcan Wolf – a Black Berliner Weisse
Through the course of the project each member of the team is given full control of the direction and an environment to further reinforce a greater understanding of development from prototyping recipes, product design, sales and marketing. The project continually evolves, and is now in its 7th year.
Drink. Survive. Evolve